1. Understanding Gout – Prevention. J Robinson. 13 May 2018. Available online at: https://www.webmd.com/arthritis/understanding-gout-prevention Accessed 21 August 2019.
2. Gout and OTC products for Gout. H van Wyk. SA Pharmacist’s Assistant [Summer 2016].
3. The impact of gout on patient’s lives: a study of African American and Caucasian men and women with gout. JA Singh. Singh Arthritis Research & Therapy 2014. Available online at: http://arthritis-research.com/content/16/3/R132 Accessed 23 August 2019.
4. How to Stay Positive With Arthritis. M Suszynski. 15 April 2016. Available online at: https://www.everydayhealth.com/hs/living-better-arthritis/stay-positive-osteoarthritis/ Accessed 21 August 2019.
5. A Guide to Gout. K. Johnston. 14 July 2016. Available online at: https://www.onhealth.com/content/1/gout_arthritis_attack Accessed 21 August 2019.
6. Gout. Mayo Clinic Staff. 1 March 2019. Available online at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gout/symptoms-causes/syc-20372897 Accessed 21 August 2019.
7. Diuretics. Available online at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-pressure/in-depth/diuretics/art-20048129 Accessed 21 August 2019.
8. Exploring current and potential roles of Australian community pharmacists in gout management: a qualitative study. AB Counsell, AD Nguyen, MT Baysari and W Kannangara. Available online at: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12875-018-0744-3 Accessed 23 August 2019.
9. Frequently Asked Questions about Arthritis Medications. Available online at: http://www.orthop.washington.edu/patient-care/articles/arthritis/frequently-asked-questions-about-arthritis-medications.html Accessed 21 August 2019.
10. Talking to Your Doctor About Gout. M Woods. 15 March 2015. Available online at: https://www.winchesterhospital.org/health-library/article?id=19546 Accessed 21 August 2019.
11. Allopurinol. Available online at: https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-8610/allopurinol-oral/details Accessed 23 August 2019.
12. Current management of gout: practical messages from 2016 EULAR guidelines. George Nuki, Michael Doherty, Pascal Richette. Pol Arch Intern Med. 2017;127 (4): 267-277.
13. Corticosteroids for Gout. Healthwise Staff. 12 June 2012. Available online at: https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-8640/colchicine-oral/details Accessed 23 August 2019.
14. Systemic corticosteroids for acute gout. H Janssens. F Van De Laar. M Janssen. E Van De Lisdonk. 23 April 2008. Available online at: https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD005521.pub2/full Accessed 10 February 2020.
15. Which medications in the drug class Antigout Agents are used in the treatment of Hyperuricemia? JW Lohr. 13 August 2018. Available online at: https://www.medscape.com/answers/241767-80631/which-medictions-in-the-drug-class-antigout-agents-are-used-in-the-treatment-of-hyperuricemia Accessed 23 August 2019.
16. Your Gout Triggers. M DiLonardo. WebMD. Reviewed by D Zelman, MD. 31 October 2011. Available online at: https://www.webmd.com/arthritis/features/gout-triggers#1 Accessed 23 January 2019.
17. Healthy Lifestyle. Nutrition and Healthy Eating. Gout diet: What’s allowed, what’s not. Mayo Clinic Staff 18 May 2019. Available online at: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/gout-diet/art-20048524 Accessed on 23 August 2019.
18. Finding joy in poor health: The leisure-scapes of chronic illness. J McQuoid. June 2017. PubMed Central. Available online at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5507015/ Accessed 04 June 2019.
Brought to you by Aspen in the interest of patient education. The information provided is for education purposes and does not replace the advice from your Doctor. For more information please speak to your Doctor or Pharmacist.
Trademarks are owned by or licensed to the Aspen Group of companies. © 2022 Aspen Group of companies or its licensor. All rights reserved. Marketed by Pharmacare Limited t/a Aspen Pharmacare Co. Reg. No.: 1898/000252/06. Healthcare Park, Woodlands Drive, Woodmead, 2191. ZAR-ACO-00027 08/2022